Thursday 3 October 2013

Quick Updates and Sketches

So after that massive lie in January promising I would "keep up with this blog this year", I'm finally following up with another post...ten months later!

This semester I'm actually taking a figure drawing class so I can't fall behind on posts even if I wanted to. No more excuses! I'm super excited to just practice drawing more because I have so much to learn, especially when it comes to shading and coloring. It should be pretty interesting to track my progress and see the improvements over time (and hopefully I will improve haha).

The first few weeks we focused on a lot of quick 1-5 minute figures, which were really challenging. But now's the fifth week, and I've gotten better. Here are some 5-15 minute sketches:





I used to hate drawing bodies because I was just too impatient to learn the proportions, which has really limited me. My whole blog has been basically all portraits. Yikes.

Now in this figure drawing class, we're getting plenty of exercises to draw bodies. Every two weeks, we get a new (NUDE!) model, and we go through many different poses each class. This is the first girl after four weeks of men so I was super excited because it's definitely more in my element. So I thought this would be a great way to kick off this stream of posts that will be coming up! No broken promises this time...

5 minutes

10 minutes

15 minutes

Stay tuned, I already have more stuff lined up!

No comments:

Post a Comment